Royal Lace® Doily Crafts
make // your own
On National Banana Bread Day, we are delighted to share a quick and easy recipe that can be whipped up for breakfast or savored as a perfect after-dinner dessert. The recipe goes perfectly with our Royal Lace Doilies.
To make this into a truly festive dessert, you can use our elegant Medallion, French or Normandy Lace Doilies or any paper doilies Royal lace has been making in the US for about 100 years, now. Royal Lace Paper Doilies and Placemats are unique – they are made through engraving with intricate dies engraved by craftsmen at the beginning of the 20th century. Fall in love with these outstanding doilies!
Besides, instantly turn any dish into a spectacular meal. Use beautiful doilies under cakes, between serving plates and with coffee or tea that is integral part of your desert.
Featured below is the Medallion Lace Royal Lace Doily which is also great between plates to protect them from scratches.
Ingredients for 12 muffins:
Baking time: 20 -25 minutes
- 4 ¼ cups flour (unbleached, all-purpose)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. baking soda
- ½ walnut pieces, toasted
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 stick butter or 1 cup canola oil
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tbsp. fine salt
- You will need 12 of our Pastel Muffin Baking Cups or Gold Foil Muffin Baking Cups for baking and our exquisite Paper Lace Doilies to serve your perfect muffins.
How to make Banana Bread Muffins:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- Use a mixer to cream the butter & sugar until light and fluffy.
- Wisk the eggs & vanilla and gradually add them in until they are fully incorporated into the creamed butter & sugar mix.
- Cut the bananas in pieces, mash them up using a fork and add them in – don’t worry if the mixture looks a bit curdled
- In a separate bowl, mix together all dry ingredients – flour, salt, chocolate, baking soda – add them into the liquid mixture
- Fold in the walnut pieces
- Using a bit of butter or oil, lightly grease the Royal Lace Baking Cups and, using a spoon, gently transfer the mixture into the baking cups
- Place the filled cups in a baking tray. Place the tray in the oven, on the middle rack
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean, around 20 – 25 minutes
- Take the tray out and let the muffins cool. Remove muffins and place them on medium-size serving dishes.
Royal Lace Doilies Go Well with the Banana Walnut Muffins
Add a bit of flair to your serving dishes with our delicate Floral Lace Paper Doilies or elegant Normandy Paper Lace Doilies, a beautiful and elegant way to help you turn an easy to make dessert into a festive looking, eye-catching, mouth-watering treat for your family on National Banana Bread Day or any other day.