Royal Lace® Recipes with Doilies
Banana Bread Recipe for Muffins
On National Banana Bread Day, we are delighted to share a quick and easy recipe that can be whipped up for breakfast or savored as a perfect after-dinner dessert.
The recipe goes perfectly with our Royal Lace Doilies and Baking Cups!
To transform Banana Muffins into a truly festive dessert, use elegant Medallion, French or Normandy Lace Doilies from Royal Lace>
Made in the US since 1920, Royal Lace Paper Doilies are unique.
Engraved with intricate designs from steel dies engraved by jeweler craftsmen at the beginning of the 20th century, you are sure to fall in love with these outstanding doilies!
Ingredients for 12 muffins:
- 4 ¼ cups flour (unbleached, all-purpose)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. baking soda
- ½ walnut pieces, toasted
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 stick butter or 1 cup canola oil
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tbsp. fine salt
- You will need a muffin baking tray
- 12 Baking Cups – Royal Lace Baking Cups
- Royal Lace Paper Doilies to present your perfect muffins on
Baking time: 20 -25 minutes
How to make Banana Bread Muffins:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Use a mixer to cream the butter & sugar until light and fluffy.
- Wisk the eggs & vanilla and gradually add them in until they are fully incorporated into the creamed butter & sugar mix.
- Cut the bananas in pieces, mash them up using a fork and add them in – don’t worry if the mixture looks a bit curdled
- In a separate bowl, mix together all dry ingredients – flour, baking soda, salt, chocolate chips and add them into the liquid mixture
- Fold in the walnut pieces that are lightly roasted
- Using a bit of butter or oil, lightly grease the Royal Lace Baking Cups.
- Set the paper cups in the muffin tray before pouring the mix in.
- Using a spoon, or an ice cream scoop, gently transfer the mixture into the baking cups
- Place the tray in the oven, on the middle rack.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean, around 20 – 25 minutes
- Take the tray out and let the muffins cool.
Remove the muffins and place them on medium-size serving dish that is decorated with Royal Lace Doilies.
Royal Lace Doilies Go Well with the Banana Walnut Muffins
Add a bit of flair to your serving dishes with our delicate Lace Paper Doilies
Find beautiful and elegant ways to turn an easy to make dessert into a festive looking, eye-catching, mouth-watering treat for your family on National Banana Bread Day or any other day.
Instantly turn any dish into a spectacular meal.
Use beautiful doilies under cakes, between serving plates and with coffee or tea that is integral part of your desert.
Featured in the image above are two Royal Lace Medallion Doilies.
They are also great between plates to protect them from scratches.