Impress your guests with elegant favors you made yourself. Use them as door decorations or fill them with candy and use as a place setting!
- 1 Royal Lace® medallion doily
- stiff paper
- tape or glue
- Place doily face down on a flat surface (FIG. A)
- Fold in half as shown. The design should be visible (FIG. B)
- Fold corners up to the 12 o’clock position, bringing the folded edges together to form a seam up the center (FIG. C)
- With scissors, carefully cut 6 evenly spaced slots about ¼” in form each folded edge as shown. Place slot directly across from each other. Be careful, not to cut the folded edge! (FIG. C)
- Lace a 24” piece of ribbon through slots and tie at top as shown (FIG. D)
- To make the handle, trace a small plate or other round edge to draw a 6” circle. Using a slightly smaller round edge, trace a 5” circle inside the first one (FIG. E)
- Fold the circle in half with the lines facing out. Carefully match up the lines so they are back to back , then cut our the handle (FIG. F)
- Place handle inside the triangle doily with folded edges about ½” down. Secure with tape or glue (FIG. G)
- If desired, make a base by cutting a small triangle out of another doily or stiff paper (FIG. H)
Please note these are only decorations and are not designed to stand on their own.